Table of Contents
Man boobs occur in men because of two reasons. One is that there is a serious imbalance of hormones in your body. For instance, your estrogen levels have hiked up, and testosterone levels have gone down, which should not happen in men at all. Secondly, there are fatty layers collected on your breast tissue. Obese men tend to have this problem.
So, your job is to work on both of these causes and fight man boobs problems. You win half of the battle with a balanced diet and an exercise routine. Then, you can work more effectively by taking a natural supplement to treat gynecomastia.
But since we are focusing on foods and nutrition for gynecomastia in this section, we will discuss how your diet plan should be to fight the issue of man boobs.
You need to avoid those foods in your diet, which can increase the estrogen levels in your body. When your estrogen levels hike up, there is a hormonal imbalance, and you tend to adopt feminine characteristics such as enlarged breast tissues. Similarly, you need to choose foods that mimic estrogens.
Some Do’s and Don’ts to Prevent Gynecomastia
You can surely refer to our useful sections about “Foods to eat” and “Foods to avoid” to cure the problem of gynecomastia. Following are the foods that you need to avoid completely. We are stressing on the foods to avoid more because there are ample foods that can raise the estrogen levels, leading to hormonal imbalance.
- Foods that increase estrogen or mimic estrogens, resulting in man boobs issue.
- Foods that increase fat layers and make you feel sluggish and less energetic.
Surgery can help you in getting rid of man boobs, but it cannot guarantee you with a healthy, energized life. If you want to curb man boobs by adopting a rich and healthy lifestyle, then you need to include the following types of foods in your diet. You will not only cure gynecomastia, but you will also become active and strong.
- Foods that increase testosterone levels in your body and fight against all the elements that hinder the process of testosterone formation.
- Foods that decrease body and chest fat, and provide you with ample amounts of energy, making you feel full and less hungry.
We are not talking about superfoods or fortified foods that can help you cure man boobs. You would be surprised that some foods in your pantry can cause miracles in curing the problem of gynecomastia. You just need to add them frequently in your diet and curb those French fries and colas from your lifestyle.
Tips for Diet Planning
As we have already listed out foods to eat on another page, here is a detailed explanation for you to make healthy choices while eating foods and planning meals. These are the tips to prepare your diet for curing gynecomastia.
- Choose foods wisely – You have to eat foods which amplify energy levels, maintain a hormonal balance, and reduces obesity and body fat levels. Your meal should consist of high fibres, lean protein, healthy carbs and essential fatty acids. Similarly, your snack should be of protein, fibre and complex carbs. Do not compromise on your snacks at all.
When you have these kinds of meals, you will feel an increase in energy levels, have lesser digestive problems, and less sluggish. Also, you will gain strength to do workouts and carry your routine life. As you lose fat, you will be less prone to diseases such as diabetes.
- As your body consumes the protein, healthy fats and carbs that you are eating up, it produces large amounts of energy ad transports iron to all the tissues. As a result, your diet controls the metabolism of your body and speeds it up.
- You do not have to overeat to be strong. Eat moderate meals to have more energy. More consumption of foods is accumulated as fat and nothing else. So, balance your food by eating it at regular intervals instead of having large-sized portions and meals.
- Avoid sugary foods as it gives instant energy but makes you fat and sluggish. Instead of sugar and fats, eat healthy carbs and essential fatty acids. They also serve as great snack options and provides you with energy and not with fat. So, the energy that you receive from healthy fats and carbs is good for your body, and not harmful. It is not converted into body fat, resulting in lesser man boobs symptoms.
- When you eat foods such as sugary drinks and sweets and you exercise, the physical activity is in vain and does not result in a fat loss at all. So, avoid all these harmful foods so that you can feel more energized to do workouts and fitness sessions.
- Your thinking patterns can cause miracles in curing gynecomastia. Consider your food as a fuel and not as a reward. In this way, you will stop expecting rewards such as sugary sweets or French fries. When you treat food as a fuel to maintain your energy and improve your health, you will automatically turn to healthier options. You can enjoy the food at times, but you have to be conscious of what to eat.
- Healthy fats are the key to avoid munching on junk foods. Find out the foods that contain healthy fats and that you like and have more of them.
- Meal planning is an excellent practice. Do not order meals online. Instead, order groceries and veggies and cook your meals at home. It is not only good for your health but also great for saving money.
Practical and Valuable Tips while following a Diet/ Eating Meals and Snacks
- Do not have heavy meals. Eat smaller portions and take sufficient breaks. In this way, you can control your weight, insulin levels and glucose levels too.
- Having smaller portions will help you to control the intake of your calories. If you eat with your family, then avoid it. Eat alone in peace and do not talk while eating. You will be less tempted to have a variety of meals in front of you, and you will end up eating less. Instead of eating directly from the food package or meal box, serve it in your plate in moderate servings. You will figure out how much you are eating and will not gulp everything in one go.
- Hydrate yourself at regular intervals. It is the best way to control weight and improve your digestion process.
- Do not eat while talking or watching TV or scrolling through the mobile phone. You should adopt a mindful approach while having meals. Also, do not rush while eating. Take your time and chew properly. Your brain should feed what it is consuming to produce energy and transport the nutrients to the other organs of the body.
- Do not drink alcohol. If you cannot quit it completely, limit the intake. Alcohol can add the fatty tissues in your chest and increases the chances of gynecomastia.
- Do not smoke or take drugs as it will hamper your symptoms.
Standard Diet Plan
An ideal diet plan for men suffering from gynecomastia. It can be adjusted as per likes and preferences.
- Steel-cut oatmeal – Quarter cup.
- Fruit of your choice
- 3 organic eggs
- Prepare a smoothie out of your favorite fruits or frozen bananas, with unsweetened nut or dairy milk. Add 1 spoon of coconut oil, maca powder and 2 spoons of whey protein powder.
- 6 oz. of organic chicken breast, dark green leafy vegetables such as kale or spinach, avocado slices – 3 or 4, dressing of olive oil and vinegar (preservatives-free)
- Rice cakes, almond or cashew milk, a fruit, and add some almond butter or maca powder on it.
- Salmon (not canned fish), baked potatoes – 1 or 2, steamed broccoli.
You can also refer to our Foods to Eat Page and add more varieties in the meal plans as it is boring to eat the same meal every day. Meal planning is extremely essential if you want to lose weight and stay fit and healthy.
Plan on Sundays with your family members or your partner. Distribute tasks amongst yourself so that no one is burdened. You can also allocate alternate days for meal prepping and meal cooking. Paste the weekly meal plan on your fridge so that you do not forget.
So, happy dieting and happy healthy eating!
Hi! My name is David Paul, aka Dav, and this is my portal. I have suffered from man boobs problem for years, and I know how it to be in such a condition. I did enormous amounts of research for days and became an expert in this field. As I have overcome it, I want to help all men who have been in a similar condition like mine.
I am a researcher and a fitness expert. My mission in life is to help people live a healthy and happy life. If they have any suffering, then you can check my website. I am sure you will love it and find it useful. Thanks for visiting!